Temple Square at Christmas
Sophie and I (too bad she wasn't looking)
It has been so long since I last posted anything. I guess I feel that my life is not interesting enough to talk about it every day, but I have decided that some of my favorite blogs are the blogs that are real and natural and not perfectly thought out and executed. So here is to hoping I can do that for myself!
Well, the chillun are doing great. I am probably not the best mom there is, but I have to say, "I LOVE IT!!!" Is there anything that can make me happier than seeing Sophie doing her posing for a picture "Cheese" face? Or having Lexie hug me and say "You are the best Mommy ever!"? I think not. I am getting excited to take them to Disneyland next month. It will blow their Disney loving minds!
So the holidays have been awesome with the kids. They make everything soooo fun! I feel the old, childhood anticipation and excitement for holidays. Santa Clause, the Easter Bunny, Leprechauns, they are so mystical and fun to believe in. The fun commercial elements are only part of the sweetness of holidays with kids. The best part for me is their sweet faith in the greater meaning behind most of the holidays. My kids love the Saviour. Yes they love Santa too, but the goodness within them seems to gravitate them toward the Saviour. They love church and one of the first things they ever showed interest in was the Jesus picture hanging on the wall of our house. Some people say kids know what their parents teach them, but I think it is a lot of how much the parents unteach them and what goodness they help their kids to retain. Is there anything more godlike than a new born baby? Anyway, I love that spirit in my kids and it is ever abundant during the holidays.
The Kids have been sick this week and now Mike is sick. BOOOO!!! I turned 31 on the 8th (old I know) and ate dinner at my moms. It was all fun until Lexie got sick and threw up all over my parents floor and herself. I have to say nothing clears out a party faster than throw up. I personally am not that grossed out by it. I just felt bad for her. It continued ALL NIGHT LONG. Then, I just felt bad for myself. jk. Then in the morning after a couple hours of sleep, Sophia threw up, but luckily that was her one and only time. I am just looking forward to everyone being healthy. Anyway, I hope to be on here more....
Your girls are growing up! Fun to see you in the blogosphere :)
ReplyDelete