Chillin at the pool in St. George
It is nice to have summer here and have all the fun that comes with sunshiney days! We have spent some time at the cabin, Mike coached Lexie's soccer team, and Lexie had her big dance recital. We also got back a couple weeks ago from a vacation to St. George and then Palm Springs. We have gone to this resort a few times now and it is pretty fun. It has a couple of water slides ,and a great pool. While we were there, we took a drive one day to Disneyland and then another day to Huntington Beach with Tess.
In St. George, we visited the cemetary for Memorial day and put flowers on all my Bryner family ancestors. It was a really neat, spiritual experience for me and I think Mike and the girls enjoyed it as well. While in St. George, we went on a fun walk/hike along the river with the girls. It got soooo hot though and I felt like i was on the verge of a heat stroke. It was way beautiful and Lexie and Mike had fun chasing lizards!
In Palm Springs we went for a hike one day together, did a lot of chilling in and by the pool, and we went to see Elvis' home there. It was really pretty cool to me. He was such a cultural icon and really shaped the way music and much of our culture has become. I loved standing where such a great artist had previously stood.
Disneyland was obiously a blast. The girls loved it. Meeting the pricesses was neat for Lexie and I should hope so because it took like 3 hours in line to get to them! I was bummed too because by the time we did get to them, Sophie was asleep! I swear half of our vacation pictures all the places we have gone show Sophie asleep. No sleeping on the rides though. They make sure your kids are wide awake before they are allowed on a ride and I am talking the fantasyland kiddy rides. lol. Well, they loved it all and they went on all the rides that they were allowed to. Lexie even went on Splash Mountain with me. I was sort of nervous coming to the big drop area and I told Lexie to prepare her for it. She was so calm and cute though. Mike watched with Sophie and he said her face was so scared looking. She just laughed when the log was down. She said "Mom your were really freaking out and being such a fraidy cat!" LOL!! That girl is so cute. Sophie loved it, but she wasn't allowed on any big rides. Next time! After dinner, we met up with Mike's mission companion and his family for dinner. Tess was also able to make it! It was nice to see her. It made dinner a lot better having her there!
Two days after Disneyland, we met Tess at Huntington beach and played in the sand, in the water and roasted smores and starbursts. Afterward, we went to dinner and there was a loud, and untalented band that started playing when it was too late to leave. It was funny, but it was great to hang out with Tess more.:)
No comments:
Post a Comment